On November 10, 2015, the Marquette County Board of Supervisors passed the Tourist Rooming House Ordinance. It is referred to as Chapter 35. The Program Coordinator for Chapter 35 is Jean Potter and you can contact her with any questions either by phone at 608-297-3035 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Tourist Rooming House Application Packet.
Tourist Rooming House License Application
Blank and Sample Plot Plans
Resident Agent Application
Compliance Statement Certification
Local Room Tax Compliance Certification
In addition to the above required documents, the following items need to be submitted with your application.
- If a fireplace is present on the property:
- Certification from a licensed commercial building inspector, fire inspector, or a verified statement from a reputable stove or fireplace sale/installer entity, dated not more than (30) days prior to submission, certifying that the fireplace and chimney have been inspected and are in compliance with National Fire Prevention Association Fire Code Chapter 211 Standards for Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents and Solid Fuel-Burning Appliances.
- Copy of Insurance Declarations Page for the property that is subject to this permit.
- Copy of current license issued by the Tri-County Environmental Health Consortium:
- You can obtain application materials and information regarding licensing and inspection services at https://www.co.waushara.wi.us/pView.aspx?id=13425&catid=636.
- Resources through the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) at https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Programs_Services/TouristRoomingHouses.aspx
- Each license issued by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) expires June 30 of each year.
- License dates extend from July 1 of one year through June 30 of the following year.
- If a license is granted after April 1 of a license year, that license will extend to June 30 of the following year. Example: If a business is licensed by DATCP on April 1, 2019, then its license will expire June 30, 2020.
- Renewal fees for existing establishments shall be submitted to DATCP before June 30 each year.
- Short Term Rental Guidance (DATCP) Information in PDF Form.
- Copy of the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Sales Tax Number Form.
- Questions and Answers for Sales and Use Tax Permits can be obtained at https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/pcs-seller.aspx.
- Information on Sales and Use Tax at https://www.revenue.wi.gov/DOR%20Publications/pb201.pdf.
- Information on registering your business with the Department of Revenue at https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Businesses/New-Business-home.aspx.
- Property Management Agreement (If Applicable).
- Appropriate Fee
APPLICABILITY & PURPOSE OF ORDINANCE CHAPTER 35:
This ordinance applies to all lodging places, tourist cabins or cottages where sleeping accommodations are offered as rentals to tourists or transients, or to persons who stay, or intend to stay, for thirty (30) days or less. Chapter 35 does not apply to hotels, motels or bed and breakfasts. Those establishments are regulated under different statutes. Establishments that had been previously licensed or permitted through the Health Department or the Marquette County Board of Adjustment are NOT exempt from Chapter 35.
Chapter 35 of the Marquette County Ordinance for Tourist Rooming Houses ensures that the quality of tourist rooming houses (short term rentals) operating within the County is adequate for protecting public health, safety and general welfare, including established minimum standards of space for human occupancy and for an adequate level of maintenance offered by owners, operators and resident agents to tourists; as well as the proper collection of taxes and to protect the character and stability of all areas within the County. Chapter 35 also provides those minimum standards necessary for the health and safety of persons occupying and/or using the licensed buildings, structures or premises; including provisions for the administration and enforcement of tourist rooming house licensing rules and regulations.
NEW APPLICATION REVIEW:
Zoning Committee Meeting - August 5, 2020 @ 4:00PM
1.) McNiel Farm LLC has applied for a Tourist Rooming House Permit under Chapter 35 of the Marquette County Code of Ordinances. The house that will be covered under this permit is located at W7851 County Road E, Town of Westfield. You can find the entire text of Chapter 35 at http://www.co.marquette.wi.us/government/county-code-of-ordinances. The ordinance allows for citizens to request a public hearing on the application if there are valid concerns or reasons why this would be detrimental to the community. The deadline for requesting a public hearing on this application is Thursday, July 23, 2020. Please click to view a map of the property.
2.) Marianne Biedrzycki has applied for a Tourist Rooming House Permit under Chapter 35 of the Marquette County Code of Ordinances. The house that will be covered under this permit is located at W4485 Shore Drive, Town of Packwaukee. You can find the entire text of Chapter 35 at http://www.co.marquette.wi.us/government/county-code-of-ordinances. The ordinance allows for citizens to request a public hearing on the application if there are valid concerns or reasons why this would be detrimental to the community. The deadline for requesting a public hearing on this application is Thursday, July 23, 2020. Please click to view a map of the property.