Licenses / Passports

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


  • Hunting Licenses


Schedule of Fees

Marriage License

$ 30.00

+$45.00 State Fees

Marriage 5-day Waiver

$ 25.00


Domestic Partnership Agreement

$ 50.00

+$25.00 State Fees

Domestic Partnership 5-day Waiver

$ 10.00


Marriage License or Domestic Partnership Agreement Retype Fee (Customer Error)

$ 10.00


Work Permit

$ 2.50

+$7.50 State Fees

Passport Photos

$ 10.00

per person

Poll Lists, Printed

$ 0.25

per page

Poll Lists, Electronic Media is per GAB fee schedule



County Directory

$ 2.50

+$0.50 postage*

County Board/Committee Packets

$ 20.00

& $5.00*

Other Fees As Authorized By State Statute or Policy



*One Copy Free to Government, Media & Certain Non-profit organizations






The Marquette County Clerk is a designated acceptance facility for obtaining a U.S. Passport. You will not receive your passport from us. Our role is to accept completed passport applications and fees for processing. Forms are available in
the office, and passports are accepted 8 a.m. to Noon and 12:30 to 4 p.m. week days except holidays. Normal processing time is 4-6 weeks. Expedited service (2-3 week processing time) is available for an additional $60 charge per application.

Marquette County Courthouse
County Clerk''s office - Room 107
77 West Park Street
Montello, WI 53949
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30p.m. Monday - Friday

Please note when applying for a passport, there are two separate payments required, one to the U.S. Department of State, which MUST be by check or money order, and one to the County Clerk's office, which may be made by cash or a check. Items needed to apply for a passport/passport card

* Application Form (obtainable in our office or printable off the US Department of State
website) NOTE: If you print the form from the Department of State website, be sure to print on
separate pages, not back to back.
* Certified Birth Certificate, Certificate of Citizenship, Naturalization Certificate, Report of Birth
Abroad, or previously issued, undamaged passport – raised seal, both parents names needed
* Identification- valid driver’s license, current government ID, current military ID, or previously
issued undamaged passport
* Passport Photo (obtainable at Walgreens, Walmart, and AAA) - The County Clerk's office
also takes photos ($10 per person)
* Checks, Cash, Credit Card with a convenience fee added

Link for Fees: Passport Fee Information

All persons must have their own passports, including infants.

Starting June 1, 2009, as part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), U.S. citizens
returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, are required to
present one of the travel documents listed below:

  • U.S. Passport Book – This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a
    person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.
  • U.S. Passport Card – This is a new internationally recognized travel document that fits in your
    wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea. You
    cannot fly with a passport card.

For more information on passport requirements, or to obtain a passport application online, visit
the US Department of State website.

WHTI Compliant Documents

Recorded Passport Information Center (Toll free number)
TTD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793