TOWN OF PACKWAUKEE Statements
Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
We have been meeting daily with the County Emergency Management, which includes the County Highway Department, Montello/Packwaukee, etc. Fire Department, County Health Department, Red Cross, Sheriff’s Department, other town officials and the Montello School District.
Here are some of the things we think you should know:
1. Report any damages to your houses to the state via phone 211. This is important because the Federal Government will not consider any damage claims unless the State and County have reached a certain amount of total damage. We do not know what that amount is.
2. FEMA will be in the county to assess individual primary home damage the week of Sept. 17th.
3. FEMA will be in the county to assess public property damage the week of Sept. 24th.
4. We will continue to update you on road closures and the status of the recycling center. We have the availability of another place for brush on the south side of the causeway, but it is too wet to use at this time. If the causeway is not open within a week, we will arrange for garbage disposal on the south side of the causeway.
5. Any questions, feel free to give Town Board Chair Al Rosenthal a call at 608-589-5036 and leave a message.
Statement from Monday, September 3, 2018
To the residents of the Town of Packwaukee
We have been meeting daily with the Marquette County Emergency Management people along with highway, and other townships, and cities in Marquette County.
As of this morning these are the road closures
CTH C and 8th Dr. inside shoulder washed out-vehicles able to go through
CTH C and ZZ-water covering east bound curve-vehicles able to go through
MAIN STREET MONTELLO - Closed
5th Dr. BETWEEN STH 82 AND D-LOCAL TRAFFICE ONLY
CTH T between Grouse and CTH 0-Closed
8th South of Grouse-Closed
Evergreen/CTH A-culvert washed out - Closed The Causeway in Packwaukee - Closed
CTH 0 west of CTH F- Closed Flooded Basement Concerns
Flooded basements are another concern for many Town residents. The Marquette County Health Department is offering free cleanup kits. Proper cleanup will help ensure that mold and other issues do not develop.
The Town of Packwaukee dump site will be open on Wednesday 1-4 and Saturday 9- 3 as usual.
The Town of Packwaukee has the dump site open for yard waste and brush. We have also contacted the Buffalo Lake P&R District and they will be opening an area for brush also, details have not all been worked out yet, so we will let you know when it is open. On Tuesday, September 11th at our regular Board meeting at 6:00 pm we will decide about road side brush and how that will be handled.